Follow by Email

Friday, February 12, 2010

New Twist on Discovery MS Shooting

From http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/02/post_205.html:

Deatrice Johnson's daughter attended Monrovia with Brown before he transferred to Discovery. [emphasis added] She said her daughter is "a little scared" and was too upset to attend the visitation."I don't know the family at all, but I wanted to pay my respects," said Johnson. "It was shocking what happened. My daughter said Todd was a fun guy. She is hurting."Johnson said only two weeks ago did she allow her daughter computer access for the first time. Her 10-year-old son is not allowed on the computer.Deatrice Johnson's daughter attended Monrovia with Brown before he transferred to Discovery. She said her daughter is "a little scared" and was too upset to attend the visitation."I don't know the family at all, but I wanted to pay my respects," said Johnson. "It was shocking what happened. My daughter said Todd was a fun guy. She is hurting."Johnson said only two weeks ago did she allow her daughter computer access for the first time. Her 10-year-old son is not allowed on the computer.

So, Brown also transferred in to Discovery from another school. Not just another school. Another school system. Monrovia - the school my kids will attend soon - is a County school. Brown transferred from a county school to a Madison City school. The shooter transferred from one Madison City school to another.

Did Brown's family move into Madison from the county, or was Todd Brown removed from the county schools for some other reason? I'm not suggesting Brown was kicked out of Monrovia - there are other possible explanations. But, moving from the Monrovia area into Madison City seems sort of a strange move. Do we have a problem at Monrovia that Brown's family was trying to get away from?

No comments:

Post a Comment